Skip to Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital Primary Content

Skip to Navigation

How are balance disorders treated?

Some balance disorders can be treated easily with simple maneuvers, while others require medication and, in some cases, referral to a specialist balance physiotherapist, psychologist, occupational therapist or speech pathologist. For some conditions a number of lifestyle modifications are recommended, and in some extreme cases, surgical treatment is available.

For more information about treatments, see the detailed information for each of the common types of balance disorders.

You can also find a Vestibular Physiotherapist or fall clinic near you.

Picture of Vestibular Physiotherapist helping a patient balance